The Union Minister for Finance and Corporate Affairs, Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman made her maiden Budget Speech on July 5 and presented the Union Budget 2019-20 before the Parliament.
10-point Vision for the decade
- Building Team India with Jan Bhagidari: Minimum Government Maximum Governance.
- Achieving green Mother Earth and Blue Skies through a pollution-free India.
- Making Digital India reach every sector of the economy.
- Launching Gaganyan, Chandrayan, other Space and Satellite programmes.
- Building physical and social infrastructure.
- Water, water management, clean rivers.
- Blue Economy.
- Self-sufficiency and export of food-grains, pulses, oilseeds, fruits, and vegetables.
- Achieving a healthy society via Ayushman Bharat, well-nourished women & children, the safety of citizens.
- Emphasis on MSMEs, Start-ups, defense manufacturing, automobiles, electronics, fabs and batteries, and medical devices under Make in India.