E-Shram portal crosses the 14 cr mark in four months

With every third informal worker being a part of the e-Shram portal, almost 14 crore workers have registered on the portal to gain access to welfare and social security benefits

December 27, 2021

UP, Bihar, West Bengal, Odisha and Jharkhand are the top five states of enrollment.

The number of women workers outweighs the number of male workers, as per the registrations.

Almost 94% of the registered workers earn 10,000 INR and below on a monthly basis.

4% of the workers registered are below the age group of 16-18 years.

The e-Shram portal recently crossed the 14 crore mark in four months with every third worker from the informal sector being a part of it, according to Union Minister, Bhupender Yadav. 

This portal was designed to help the unorganized workers with welfare and targeted social security benefits to the informal sector. It came into being on August 26, 2021 and has reached the 14 crore mark within four months. 

Approximately 14,02,92,825 workers from various unorganised sectors have registered on the e-Shram portal, said the Minister. Recently, the workers from these five states have registered on the website – Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal, Bihar, Odisha and Jharkhand. Based on the gender analysis that was carried out, 47.44% of the workers are male workers while 52.56% are female workers. 

The data also shows that almost 42.64% of the workers that are registered on the portal belong to OBC class, out of which 26.45% are from the general category, 22.54% belong to the scheduled caste and 8.38% of the workers are from the Scheduled Tribe. 

Almost 94% of the registered workers earn 10,000 INR and below per month. The remaining 6% earn 10,000 to 15,000 INR per month. 51% of registered workers work in the agricultural sector, whereas 11% belong to the construction sector, 10% to the domestic and the household sector and 6.5% in the apparel sector. 

61% of registered workers are aged between 18-40 years, 23% of workers are aged between 40-50 years and 12% are above the age of 50 years. Almost 4% of the registered workers are below the age of 16-18 years. 

Recent Articles

IMF raises India’s FY25 growth projection to 7%

July 17, 2024

The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has raised India’s growth projection …

Read More

FM Sitharaman gears up for historic budget presentation

July 17, 2024

As the Budget presentation date inches closer, the final stage …

Read More

Government to launch AgriSURE to boost agricultural start-ups

July 15, 2024

The Government, in a strong commitment to the agricultural sector, …

Read More